The first widget I added is:
Giveback's Take Action Widget
"You inspire people to make a difference, we'll show them what to do."
The Take Action Widget allows you to turn your web content into a powerful force for positive change. Just add this widget to your website or blog and instantly viewers will see opportunities they have to take action on the issues you care most about."
When grabbing the widget from their site you are given the option to put in key words for the widget to scan your page for. First I didn't put any in, and the widget just had random cause s in tehre- one in spanish and one about saving the animals.
Now I have put in one for water and am going to paste the blog post from the C2A blog re charity: water in this posting and see if it affects the widget.
"As the benefactor of this year’s Twestival, charity: water received over $250,000 from events held in over 125 cities. Just two months later, founder Scott Harrison and his team have already started digging wells in Northern Ethiopia. And they are letting the people who partied and gave know all about it. This is something donors love, that many organizations do relatively little of- the post-party follow up!
Progress on the project was parceled out in four simple videos. Although they are named Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4, the content is so much more than a feelgood journal."
Now I will copy and paste some content here that matches the terms I put in when I
3 comments:
And success. The widget is there and it picked up the water clues. Yay them. It was very easy to install. Now for some charity badges.
Oh PS is it my computer? It takes a long time for the widget to load in.
Your post seems to have been cut off. Also the formatting on this page is very confusing. Can you not put the widgets in the actual post? Do they all have to live randomly along the side?
So am I right that this widget bases its links on keywords? Can you not override that to make sure it offers the correct and relevant links?
Post a Comment